The two Xiaomi flagships Mi3, Mi 4 and Mi Note are finally being upgraded to Android Marshmallow all over the world, while the Mi 5 will come preinstalled with the latest Android OS. On the other hand, Xiaomi has announced that the Public Beta release of OxygenOS 3.0 can be installed on the OnePlus 2 smartphone and the Chinese manufacturer has published the list of features that have been included in the release.
Before updating your Mi 3 or Mi 4 to MIUI 6.3.17, first install the 5.12.17 version. The Mi 5 comes directly with MIUI 7, which brings bug fixes and new features for account locking, restriction of data to applications, permission management, wireless data transfer between devices etc. It isn’t known when Marshmallow will be released for other Xiaomi devices such as Mi Pad, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note 3 or Mi 4i.
OnePlus is currently busy working on its third generation flagship but it still has time to improve its OxygenOS and recently, it announced that soon, the Marshmallow-based OxygenOS 3.0 will be released for the OnePlus 2. The public beta version is currently in testing and the users have noticed improvements to UI and picture quality for the camera, as well as enhancements to its performance and battery life.
The Public Beta OxygenOS 3.0 comes with the following features:
– It’s based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow;
– It has a new OnePlus Camera UI;
– The UI is cleaner, so the HD/HDR and flash settings have been moved to the top right corner and in order to switch between photo/video, you will swipe up or down;
– The aspect ratio and toggle grid view will be changed without going to Settings;
– New wallpaper picker;
– Improved Shelf UX;
– Changes in settings;
– It’s 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1;
– Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios;
– Fingerprint performance has been improved;
– Improvements to the general system performance;
– New native Android app permissions;
– March security patches;
– Entry point for Alert Slider has containing more customization options etc.
OxygenOS 3.0 might come with bugs and in order to return to previous versions of OxygenOS, you will need to wipe data. There are WiFi issues with connection and speed and the company is still working on language optimization for certain countries.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.