WhatsApp is an incredibly popular app across all smartphone platforms that has opened up ways that people communicate with one another on their phones, giving them the ability not only to text, but to send audio and video files as well. But for some, WhatsApp could be more practically used with the ability to send items like PDFs over the app, which it currently does not support. However, if you need to send those files, there is a way to do so. It takes a couple steps, but it is worth it.
- Download and install Dropbox and sign up for a free account.
- Download and install CloudSend. After a tour of the app, it will ask you to authorize the account. Click Allow. In your Dropbox folder, a folder will automatically be created called “CloudSend”. Close the app.
- To send a file, press and hold the file through the file manager and choose the Share button.
- Choose the CloudSend option.
- The selected file will upload to the CloudSend folder created in Dropbox. CloudSend does not have file size restrictions, but it can take some time to upload larger files so make sure you have the time available for a larger file.
- Once the file has completed its upload you will have two options: copy and share. You can either share the file itself or copy a link to the file; whichever you prefer.
- If you select Share, you will see many options for sharing the file including Email, WhatsApp, Facebook and many more. Select WhatsApp.
- Doing this will prompt you to choose which WhatsApp contacts you want to share the file link with. Share that link with your desired recipient(s). It will show the file name, and if the file is supported by your friends phone, it will also show a preview of the document. The file can also be downloaded.