The owners of the Galaxy Note 4 phablet with model number N910F can install the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update via the Android Open Kang Project custom ROM, which offers many custom options, features and other advanced tweaks. In this article, we’ll teach you how to install the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update on your Galaxy Note 4 N910F smartphone.
Before starting the installation process, here are the things you should take into consideration:
– If you have other smartphone than a Galaxy Note 4 N910F, don’t install the AOKP custom ROM, because you will brick it;
– Get the needed USB drivers and install them on your PC, because otherwise, your phone will not be recognized;
– Go to the developer menu on your phone and enable USB debugging mode;
– You will also need a custom recovery tool on your phone, so we suggest you to download and install CWM or TWRP;
– All data will be erased during the installation process, so you should back up important files;
– Then, you will get the AOKP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM from the internet;
– Look for the Google Apps on the internet, as well;
– Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable, then copy and paste all downloaded files to your phone’s SD card;
– Reboot your phone by simultaneously press holing the volume, home and power buttons, in order to enter into Recovery Mode;
– Perform Nandroid backup of your Android version, because you will be able to return to the original software version when the ROM will be updated. This can be done by going to Backup and Restore > Backup again. After performing the backup, return to the main recovery menu;
– Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and tap Yes to confirm your action;
– Next, return to the CWM recovery menu and select Wipe Cache Partition > Wipe Dalvik Cache;
– Choose to Install zip from sdcard and locate the downloaded AOKP ROM, then tap on it to start the installation process. Tap on “Yes” to confirm this action and when the installation completes, do the same with the Google Apps;
– In the end, return to the main recovery menu and select “Reboot system”;
Congrats! You’ve just installed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Note 4.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.