The Galaxy S4 Mini was released in July 2013, which means that it’s over two years old and Samsung ended the software support for it. The phone came preinstalled with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, then it was upgraded to 4.4.2 KitKat and the only way to get 6.0.1 Marshmallow is via a custom ROM. The owners of the model number I9195 of the Galaxy S4 Mini can install Bliss ROM, after rooting their devices, and in this article, we’ll guide them through the entire process.
Bliss custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and brings many customization options and features, including animations, the navigation bar, it’s very fast, stable and it can be downloaded from the internet. Before installing it on the Galaxy S4 Mini I9195, the users will need to a few things, in the following order:
– First of all, it’s important to install Bliss custom ROM only on Galaxy S4 Mini I9195, otherwise the device will be damaged;
– It’s important to install TWRP Recovery (an open-source software custom recovery image), so download the file from the internet, from a reliable source;
– All necessary data must be backed up, and Samsung KIES is a great tool, as it will connect the phone to a PC and synchronize data between them;
– If the USB driver hasn’t been installed on the PC, this must be done immediately;
– Android 6.0.1 Bliss Marshmallow for the Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 model will be downloaded from the internet, on PC;
– Look for the Google Apps and download on PC, as well;
– The phone will be connected to PC using a USB cable;
– The custom ROM will be then copied to the phone’s memory or SD card;
– The phone will be switched off and unplugged from the PC;
– The phone will be rebooted and to enter the Recovery Mode, the users will press holding volume up, home and power buttons, at the same time;
– All data will be deleted by choosing “Wipe”, then the users will choose the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option and they’ll go to Advance to choose “Wipe cache/dalvik”;
– Them, they will head to the main menu and choose Install, then tap on the copied ZIP file on the phone and choose “Swipe to Confirm Flash”;
– After the installation completes, the users will go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and choose “Reboot System”;
– The phone will reboot and run on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.