The result of a long series of speculations, the new Vivo Xplay 5 has just been officially announced and it is accurate to other rumors circulated in recent weeks.
Vivo Xplay 5 is a superlative gadget with above average specifications and some important firsts that might arouse the envy of competitors. Real usefulness of such details is less relevant when you can boast that you have created the world’s first smartphone with 6GB LPDDRAM4.
Vivo Xplay 5 Ultimate Edition was officially launched in China, becoming the first smartphone in the world available with 6GB of RAM. In terms of specifications, Vivo Xplay 5 includes a 820 Snapdragon processor, 128GB internal memory, a 5.3 Dual Edge AMOLED display and metal design.
Although it comes with a Dual Edge AMOLED display, Vivo Play 5 has none of the features that we find on Galaxy S7 Edge display, no matter how much it resembles in terms of design. That said, it seems that the market in China was chosen once again to make first the appearance and not what is found in the carcass.
Vivo Xplay 5 was also launched in a standard version, Flagship Edition, 4GB of RAM and Snapdragon 652 processor, available at the price of $565 and Vivo Xplay 5 Ultimate Edition with 6GB of RAM and Snapdragon 829 at $655.
Complete specifications for Vivo XPlay 5:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad-core 64-bit processor clocked at 2.2GHz / Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core type 64-bit processor clocked at 1.8 GHz and graphics accelerator Adreno 530 / Adreno 510, 6/4 GB RAM and 128 GB of storage;
- 5.43 inch Super AMOLED screen with QHD resolution (2560×1440 pixels) Curved Edge Screen, Corning Gorilla Glass;
- Marshmallow 6.0 Android;
- Dual-sim, 4G LTE +, dual-band, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with A-GPS, Hi-Fi 3.0 audio technology;
- 16 megapixels, autofocus with phase detection and response time of 0.1 seconds, aperture f/2.0, dual-LED flash and front camera 8 Megapixel and aperture f/2.4;
- 3600mAh battery with the Quick Charge 3.0, 7.59 mm and 167.8g weight.