Those of you owning a Moto X Play device might have spotted camera lags, sluggish apps and other minor snags, this is due to the Android 6.0 M update as this is the main culprit for these issues. Luckily for you, we have some tips to improve its performance and speed up this gizmo.
Speeding up the Moto X Play can be done if you disable the animations. They don’t really have a real purpose, besides distracting you, so out with them. Here is how it’s done:
- Start with Settings, then Developer Options, next Window animation scale and Animation off,
- Head on to Settings, next Developer Options, then Transition animation scale and Animation off,
- Settings again, then Developer Options, next Animation duration scale and Animation off.
Important: if by any chance you do not have Developer Options activated on your device, head on to Settings, then About device and click Build number (7 times).
Idle apps be gone
Idle apps are not good to have on your Moto X Play, you need to uninstall them right now and here is how it’s done:
- Head on to the Play Store and click on the menu (starting from the left side of the screen),
- Click My apps & games, move to Installed tab,
- Click on the name of the application and select Uninstall.
Note: Do the same for the X number of apps you want to remove.
Clearing the cache system
Because the cache tends to rack up, apps can act up, this has a quick fix as you can clear the cache system.
- Head on to Settings, next Storage and then Cache,
- Click Clear Cache and all of your system cache will be cleared.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.