Because WhatsApp is without a doubt a very popular IM app, we’ve stacked up a short list of some of the best WhatsApp tips to ease your experience.
- Retrieve erased messages
If you’ve managed to erase messages before the automatic backup WhatsApp uses, there is a way you can retrieve them. You will need to:
- Uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp,
- Write your mobile number into the app, at which point WhatsApp should let you know that the backup has been found,
- Click Restore and you should get all of the previously erased messages back.
- WhatsApp chat history can be transferred between devices
If by any chance you’ve failed to receive the Google Drive backup, you can also move all of your history to a new smartphone, you will need to:
- Insert the SD card into the new device that has WhatsApp set-up,
- In WhatsApp, head on to Settings, next Chats and calls and Back up chats,
- Take the SD card out of the device and insert it into the other one,
- Set-up WhatsApp on this device,
- WhatsApp should be able to recognize the backup and prompt you to restore it.
3 Bulk your private messages
Use the Broadcast feature as it can be quite useful if you want to send a group message without the whole gang being able to see who else is reading the same message.
- click Options (look for the three dots) and then New broadcast,
- Type the names of all the friends you are planning to send the private message to,
- Next click create, compose the message and send away.
- Make WhatsApp private
Some like to have their WhatsApp private, so feel free to use a security application to enable a password, you could give AppLock a try as it is a top-rated app.
- Switch the font size
Want to change the font size and don’t know how? You will need to:
- While in WhatsApp, tap the options knob and then Settings
- Click Chats and calls,
- Select a Font Size.
- Mute WhatsApp group chats
Why quit a group chat just because you don’t like X or Y? Simply hit the mute knob instead.
- Click the Chats tab while in the app,
- Then click the group you wish to silence,
- When the group is open, click the Options prompt, then hit Mute and choose the time frame.