Flash glitches still represent a major threat for OS X, Windows and more. According to Adobe, the entire Flash concept will be rebranded as Adobe Animate. Unfortunately, some Mac users might still require the Flash tool, so if this is the case, read on to find out what you can do to ward off any future security glitches and vulnerabilities.
Make sure you have the newest Adobe Flash version installed on your Mac, before proceeding. If you don’t, download it from the Adobe Flash Player site. Note: if you have more than one browser on your Mac, we advise you to set-up the DMG Installer first.
Instructions for setting-up the DMG Installer:
- Right beneath Mac OS X, click Download Installer DMG and save it in a folder.
- Double-tap the Flash DMG in order to initiate the installation process.
- When you see OS X Gatekeeper appears, tap Open.
- Run the DGM installer and type a passcode.
If you want to know how to deactivate Flash in Safari, Chrome or Firefox, read on:
1. For Safari: Click the Safari menu and then go to Preferences. Pick the Security tab and then tap Plug-in Settings. Now uncheck Adobe Flash Player.
2. For Google Chrome: Launch the Chrome browser and write plugins right in the address bar. Next, hit Enter and then
3. For Mozilla Firefox: Launch the Firefox browser and head on to Tools, next Add-Ons and Plugins. Tap in the list box( right next to Shockwave Flash) and choose Never Activate.
If you want to get rid of any future Adobe Flash security vulnerabilities once and for all, you have to get ride of Flash. There is an Adobe Flash Player uninstaller for OS X available and after you launch it, it’s down hill from there.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.