If by mistake you have unintentionally uninstalled the Google Play Store app, or if you wanted to roll back on a previous version of it due to bugs, here is an article that guides you step-by-step into installing the app.
Please note that the following guide is for owners of an Android device with a licensed version of the Play Store installed.
The easiest method of installing the app is by installing the Play Store APK manually. If you didn’t know by now, the APK is the equivalent of an .exe file on your computer. All that you have to do is to install it into your device without the help of Play Store, this method comes in handy especially when the app you are installing is the Play Store itself. There are two ways you can do this: you can install in through your computer or directly on the phone.
First method, directly through the phone:
- Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ from Settings > Security, and just check the box next to Unknown sources;
- From your browser go to XDA developers forum and download the APK and download the version you want;
- You can also receive a message warning that ‘this type of file can harm your device.’ don’t take it into consideration and tap OK;
- Open the APK and then tap Install, so you are definitely done.
Second method is through your computer, in the eventuality that you have no internet connection on your phone, this method works great too.
- Enable the one called ‘Unknown Sources’ from Settings>Security, and just check the box next to it;
- From your computer browser go to XDA community and download the APK version you want;
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and copy the APK over to your Android.
- Launch the APK, accept everything is required of you and tap Install.
If you have troubles with Google Services Framework – or any other services that allow for automatic updates via the Play Store, clearing the app cache should eliminate the problem.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.