Even though a list of devices that will receive the Android M upgrade was made public by HTC, dates were not divulged and thus this only lets users guessing. The HTC One M8 Google Play Edition gizmo was supposed to receive the Android 6.0 M upgrade in October according to Mo Versi’s statements the (VP product management), but for some this failed to happen.
Given the fact that back in January, the HTC One 8 Google Play Edition was the first HTC handset to receive the Android 5.0 upgrade, users might think the same thing will happen with the Android 6.0 M upgrade, HTC One M8 Google Play Edition fans can jump for joy as the Google’s newest OS has reached the gizmo.
HTC One M7 and the Android Marshmallow upgrade (available via beta CyanogenMod 13)
Users can install CyanogenMod 13 in order to fully enjoy this latest software, CM13 ROM supports the AT&T and T-Mobile HTC One M7 models, keep in mind that calls, Bluetooth or snapper functions may work poorly with this CM13 ROM.
For those who are interested in installing beta CyanogenMod 13, their device must run Android 4.4.2 +, KitKat or Lollipop firmware with CWM or TWRP. Always backup your data before performing the installation.
Instructions on how to set-up CyanogenMod 13 ROM on HTC One M7:
- Copy the downloaded zips and paste them to the internal storage of your mobile device.
- Turn off the handset and perform the reboot procedure into recovery mode, here is how it’s done:
- Volume Down & Power knobs must be pressed, then only release Power while still holding Volume Down. Note: bootloader mode (identical to Recovery mode) must be enabled.
- The device will enter recovery mode after you see a boot option pop-up on the screen, tap Volume Down to get to Recovery and then Power to boot into Recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you must create a Nandroid backup of all your information. From recovery mode menu choose Backup, then with a swipe gesture you must validate the procedure.
- Your next move is to do a data wipe, for this you must: Click on Wipe, then Advanced wipe, Dalvik Cache, System and next Data and Cache. Next perform a swipe movement on Swipe to wipe option.
- Go back to the recovery menu and click Install, go to where the CM13 ROM file has been saved, click on it and do a swipe on the Swipe option once more to validate the flash option.
- Once you’re done with the ROM installation, do the same with flash Gapps.
- Choose Reboot system to restart the smartphone and you’re done.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.