After Google has announced its Android 6.0 Marshmallow, many smartphone manufactures have started updating their devices to the Android Lollipop in order to get ready for the new OS.
Sony’s Xperia C5 and Xperia C5 Ultra are currently running on Android 5.0 Lollipop and it seems that both of these smartphones will jump directly to the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via OTA. It is good to know that older models in other parts of the world have already been updated to the latest Android Lollipop version.
On the other hand, Huawei is also preparing its Honor 6 to get updated to the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. We remind you that this device was running on Android KitKat and got updated directly to the Android Lollipop, which is a huge improvement. It is good to know that the installation file of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is 1.3GB big, so in case you will update manually, you will need to have at least 3GB of free space on your device.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop: What’s New?
The Android 5.1.1 Lollipop comes with many new things such as:
– LinkedIn application integration with Contacts and Calendar applications;
– Bluetooth and Wi-Fi buttons in the quick access menu;
– Several bug fixes and improvements;
– New Settings menu icons;
– Improvements on the camera focus, accuracy and speed while in “Super Auto Mode”;
– SmartWatch 3 can now be used as a remote shutter button, allowing you to take some awesome selfies (or group photos);
– Instant calendar events where you can create and share event directly from any email;
– Calendar agenda integrated into the email application.
To manually check for the Android Lollipop update on your Xperia C5, C5 Ultra or Huawei Honor 6, go to Settings->About Phone->System Update->Check For Updates. If there is the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for your device, we suggest you to connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the installation file and make sure that your device has at least 60-70% battery left to be sure that the smartphone doesn’t shut down during the installation process.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.