Yesterday the WhatsApp 2.12.287 version was released, but it seems that the developers have been quite busy in these last hours, because they’ve just released a new WhatsApp 2.12.288 APK.
This new WhatsApp version 2.12.288 has 22.7MB in size and it seems that it comes with some bug fixes and improvements. With other words, the latest WhatsApp BETA version will most likely run smoother on your Android device.
However, don’t forget that the WhatsApp 2.12.288 application version is currently in BETA, which means that the developers are still working on it. This means that you will most likely find some bugs or other errors that can be quite annoying. These issues will most likely get fixed before the WhatsApp application gets to the STABLE version.
New Features That WhatsApp Comes With
– Ability to set a custom notification for every chat window and even mute it;
– Ability to mark messages as read or unread;
– New emojis have been added. Now if you hold tap and hold on some emojis you will be able to select a different color. Keep in mind that this feature is only available for only some emojis;
– When you receive a contact card, you will be able to save the contact or quickly message him/her (if the number is registered to WhatsApp);
– Ability to lower the data usage of the WhatsApp Voice Calling feature by going to WhatsApp’s Settings->Chat and Calls;
– Bengali and Urdu languages are now supported.
WhatsApp 2.12.288: How To Install On Android
Download the installation file (APK) from whatsapp.com/android. Once you have downloaded the WhatsApp 2.12.288 APK file to your Android device, enable the “Unknown Sources” option from Settings->Security or Settings->Applications.
After that, use a file manager application to get to the place where you’ve saved the WhatsApp 2.12.288 APK file and tap on it to start the installation process.
HINT: Make sure that you firstly need to uninstall the current WhatsApp application that you have installed on your Android device or else you will not be able to install the latest WhatsApp BETA version on your smartphone! Also, you will need to back up your conversations, then restore them after installing the new version.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.