The developers of WhatsApp have released a new version of the application. At first sight, the WhatsApp 2.12.278 is a minor update because it doesn’t come with any major changes or any new features. However, if you look at the number of files that have been modified in this new APK file, there is a high chance that soon enough we will see some new features being activated by the developers.
WhatsApp 2.12.278 comes with over 260 modified files, but the APK file has been slightly increased by only 6KB. There were no files deleted in this new WhatsApp version, so it seems that the developers are still working on fixing bugs and improving the stability of the application.
WhatsApp: Features That Have Been Added Recently
– Ability to set custom notifications for each chat window;
– Ability to mute notifications from each chat window;
– Ability to mark messages as read or unread;
– From now on, you will be able to hold on some emojis and change their color;
– After you receive a contact card, you will be able to either save the contact or quickly message him/her (if the person is currently connected to WhatsApp);
– Ability to lower the data usage during WhatsApp Voice Calls (this feature can be accessed from Settings->Chat and Calls);
– Bengali and Urdu languages are now supported.
WhatsApp 2.12.278: How To Install
The WhatsApp 2.12.278 is currently in BETA, which means that it can’t be found on the Google Play Store and you will need to manually download the APK (installation) file and install it on your Android smartphone. The WhatsApp 2.12.278 can be downloaded from whatsapp.com/android, but in order to install it on your smartphone, you will firstly need to enable the “Unknown Sources” feature that is found in either Settings->Applications or Settings->Security.
When this feature is enabled, just go to the folder where you’ve saved the WhatsApp 2.12.278 APK and tap on it to start the installation.
HINT: Keep in mind that before you try to install the WhatsApp 2.12.278 on your Android smartphone, you will need to uninstall the current WhatsApp application that’s currently installed on your mobile device.