WhatsApp is the instant messaging application of the moment and it’s used by over 900 million people. Every day, there are more and more people who install this awesome application on their smartphones, so we expect that it will hit 1 billion monthly active users in a few months.
The developers of WhatsApp are constantly releasing new versions of WhatsApp for Android and it seems that they are currently finally releasing the “Google Drive” feature. This feature is going to allow you to save the WhatsApp chat history in the cloud and access it from any other device.
WhatsApp version 2.12.266: Features
- Ability to set a custom notification sound for a particular chat or even mute it;
- Ability to mark chats are read or unread;
- By tapping and holding on an emoji you will be able to select a different color;
- When you receive a contact card you will be able to quickly message or save the contact (if that number is registered on WhatsApp);
- The data usage of the WhatsApp Voice Calls can be lowered by going to Settings->Chat and Calls;
- Added Language support for Bengali and Urdu.
WhatsApp 2.12.266: How to install it on your Android device
The WhatsApp 2.12.266 is currently in BETA phase. This means that in order to install it on your Android device, you will need to manually download and install the APK file. Keep in mind that you will not find the WhatsApp 2.12.266 on Google Play Store as this is the place where you will only find the latest STABLE version of WhatsApp.
HINT: Enable the “Unknown Sources” option from Settings->Applications or Settings->Security or you will not be able to install an APK file that you’ve downloaded from a third party source!
We suggest you to download the WhatsApp 2.12.262 APK file from whatsapp.com/android, as this is the official website of WhatsApp and it’s safe. After you’ve downloaded the APK file and you’ve enabled the “Unknown Sources” option, use a file manager application to get to the location where you’ve saved the WhatsApp 2.12.262 APK file and tap on it to start the installation.
HINT: Make sure that you uninstall the current WhatsApp version before you try to install the WhatsApp 2.12.262 APK file!
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.