The Cyanogen version 12.1 OS Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update was released for the OnePlus One device over the air (OTA). The new OS update has over 640MB in size and it comes with many new features including a fix for the Stagefright security hole.
However, in case you have the Android 5.0 Lollipop installed on your OnePlus One device, the update will be smaller and it will have a little more than 300MB.
Features That The Cyanogen OS 12.1 Comes With
- Smarter Screen: the livedisplay will now intelligently adjust your screen based on the environmental conditions;
- Calendar and Email: From now on you will be able to write an email and even schedule appointments directly using the calendar;
- Cyanogen Browser: The new Cyanogen browser comes with better search results and many web sites that load faster. In addition, the new browser is much more secure than before;
- Launcher was redesigned: The Folder and App Drawer have been redesigned for one-handed use. We’re pretty sure that this new feature will be enjoyed by the people who don’t have big hands;
- Additional playback support: New codecs that will allow you more play almost all kinds of video and audio files.
Installing Cyanogen OS 12.11 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop On Your OnePlus One Device
First of all, you will need to download the Cyanogen OS 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on your computer. After that, connect the OnePlus One to the computer using a USB cable. Now, copy the Cyanogen OS 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM file to your OnePlus One internal storage memory.
Now that you have the ROM file saved on the internal storage of your OnePlus One device, you will need to turn off the device and disconnect it from the computer. Then you will boot it into the Recovery Mode by holding the “Power” and “Volume down” buttons.
Once you enter the Recovery Mode, you will need to clear the phone’s memory by hitting the “Wipe” option and finally get back to the main menu and tap “Install” and select the ROM file that you’ve saved on the internal storage memory of your mobile device.
When the installation process of Cyanogen OS 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM is complete, the OnePlus One device will reboot and you’re done!
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.