If you have one of the Google’s Nexus devices, you will be very pleased to find out that the latest version of the Android Marshmallow operating system is available to this list of gadgets: Nexus Player, Nexus 9, Nexus 6 and Nexus 5. Before you start the process of getting this OS, we have to make you aware of the risk that this installation process implies: all of your data will probably disappear.
This is why we recommend that you back your data up through any of the multiple apps you will find in the Play Store that allow you to do so.
Before you start following the actual steps of getting the Android 6.0 operating system, you have to download your gadget’s Factory Image, which you can easily find on Google for each of the available devices. Afterwards, you need to download the ADB Tools & ADB Driver.
The first step is to unlock the Bootloader of your device. This is quite a tricky method, so if it somehow fails, you should try it again. Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn off your smartphone.
- To get to the FastBoot Menu, you will have to press the power button and the volume down button, hold for a few seconds, until it appears on the screen.
- Use your microUSB cable to connect the phone to the computer you are going to use from this point forward.
- Getting to your computer, you have to open up the ADB Tools folder. Afterwards, you will hold the shift key on the keyboard as well as right click on your mouse. You will be met with some options, from where you will choose ‘Open Command Window Here’.
- After the command prompt is shown, you will need to type ‘fastboot oem unlock’.
- To confirm the action, press the power button again, along with the volume up button this time.
The next course of action is installing the Factory Image drive you downloaded before.
- To begin with, you will extract all the files you are presented with in the Factory Image package and transfer them to the ADB Tools folder.
- Press the power button and the volume down one to open up the FastBoot mode on your device.
- The next step is to double click the ‘flash-all.bat’ file that will start to run a batch process.
- Now the phone will reboot itself and it will turn on as usual.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.