WhatsApp Material Design or WhatsAppMD is one of the best modified WhatsApp applications out there, which comes with new features such as:
- Bubble Style (A new style that looks like a combination of Facebook Messenger, Hangouts and many more);
- Privacy MODS (a mode that allows you to disable last seen, blue ticks, 2nd tick, hide typing and even more);
- Themes for conversations;
- Ability to hide toolbar and profile photo icons
- You can change the color of the action bar, navigation bar and status bar;
- Ability to change the ticks;
- Ability to change the colors of the bubbles;
- A floating action button has been added;
- A lot of design improvements have been made.
The WhatsApp MD name has been changed to WAMOD. We’re not sure why, but probably the developers wanted to shorten the name of the modified application. WAMOD is a pretty good name, as you will most likely remember it once you’ve seen the name once.
Uninstall the current WhatsApp application you have installed on your Android device and download the WAMOD APK file. After that, you will need to enable the “Unknown Sources” feature. This feature will allow you to install APK files that you download from the internet (not from the Google Play Store).
Keep in mind that depending on the Android OS version that your device is running, you will find this feature on your device’s Settings->Security or Settings->Applications.
Once you check the box in front of the feature and enable it, you will just need to go back to the location where you’ve saved the WAMOD APK file and start the installation by tapping on it.
Do you think that WAMOD is better than the old WhatsAppMD name?
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.