Microsoft has recently released the Windows 10 OS, which comes with many new features and improvements. It seems that there are already a lot of people who upgraded their Windows 8 and Windows 7 OS to Windows 10 and that’s mostly because Microsoft is offering this update for free as long as the users upgrade their operating system until July 29, 2016.
In case you don’t have a functional DVD-ROM and you want to install Windows 10, then you don’t have to worry, because you can still install the latest Windows operating system on your computer with ease.
Requirements and installation
First of all, you will need an USB Flash Drive (4GB or higher) which you will use to boot and install Windows 10. Once you have the USB Flash Drive, you will need to download the Windows 10 OS ISO file and save it on your computer.
Now, this is where a lot of people do mistakes and think that they can just copy the ISO file to the USB Flash Drive and it will work.
Well, it doesn’t work that way and you will need an application called Rufus. This application will help you make a bootable USB Flash Drive with the Windows 10 ISO file.
So, search for Rufus 2.2 on Google and download the file on your computer. Keep in mind that Rufus doesn’t require an installation and all you have to do is to open the Rufus 2.2 .EXE (as Administrator) file and follow the instructions below:
- Device: Here you will need to select the USB Flash Drive letter
- Partition scheme and target type: Here you will need to select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI-CSM
- File system: NTFS
- Cluster size: 4096
- New volume label: Here put whatever you want (put Windows 10 or anything that you want)
- – Make sure that you check the follow options: Quick format, Create extended label and icons files and Create a bootable disk using ISO image
- Lastly, click on the DVD-ROM icon on the bottom-right side of the Rufus application and select the Windows 10 ISO file that you’ve downloaded from the internet and click on “Next”.
As soon as you click “Next”, the Rufus application will make your USB Flash Drive bootable with Windows 10 in it. When this step is completed, just reboot your computer and select it to boot from USB Flash Drive and just follow the prompts to install Windows 10 on your computer. Enjoy!