WhatsApp for iPhone got updated after a month, and brought version 2.12.5, which comes with a major update and a lot of features.
First of all, you will most likely love to hear that the data usage during a WhatsApp Voice Call has been significantly reduced. At the same time, there is a better support for the VoiceOver, for the custom notification settings and mute.
In addition, the new WhatsApp 2.12.5 for iPhone will allow you to backup and save the videos that you’ve received. The “Load More Messages” button has been removed and the messages are now loaded in an automated way.
At the same time, in case you receive a message that contains a location in it, the map that will be displayed will be larger than before, allowing you to clearly see the location where is the person who’ve sent you the message.
WhatsApp 2.12.5 for iPhone: What’s new?
- Ability to set custom notification settings and even mute each chat window;
- Ability to include videos in your chat backups by heading to Settings->Chat and Calls->Chat Backup;
- Ability to mark chats are read or unread by swiping to the right;
- Improved support for the VoiceOver feature;
- Ability to share contacts from the Contacts application and locations from Apple Maps directly;
- Ability to set a lower data usage for WhatsApp Voice Calling feature by going to Settings->Chats and Calls;
- Messages that you’ve received earlier will automatically load as you scroll in the chat room;
- Improved design for cropping videos and photos;
- The locations message will now use a bigger map thumbnail.
Installing WhatsApp 2.12.5 on your iPhone
Since WhatsApp 2.12.5 is currently the latest STABLE version for iPhone, you will be able to install it directly from the App Store by just searching for WhatsApp.
Have you installed the latest stable version of WhatsApp on your iPhone yet? Tell us your thoughts about it!