The latest firmware (N910T3UVU1DOFC) is now up for grabs for the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device (the SM- N910T version only). This new update came out this Tuesday, just 24 hours after the Sprint update. The newest update includes security improvements along with fixes for the Stagefright issues.
The latter vulnerability permitted access to video capabilities as well as the picture files, or it granted full control over the device’s camera and microphone.
Take the following information into account before you proceed with the installation!
- Save all of your info and other important data.
- Make sure the device if fully charged.
- Pre-install the USB drivers for the Galaxy Note 4 on PC.
- Verify that your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device features the SM- N910T number.
- If you have custom ROM set-up on the device, get rid of it – the same thing applies to recovery software.
Now, without further ado, let’s see what you have to do to set up Android 5.1.1 Lollipop N910T3UVU1DOFC for Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- Start by downloading Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update and “pluck” the zip file N910T3UVU1DOFC_N910T3TMB1DOFC_TMB.zip.
- After, download Odin and again look for the zip file named Odin3_v3.10.6.zip.
- Allow Odin3 v3.10.6.exe to run as an Administrator.
- Turn off the device and restart it in Download Mode. You will need to press and hold the following buttons: Volume Down, Home, the Power button, and lastly the Volume button – you will know you have been successful once you see the warning displayed on the screen.
- Next, link the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device with the USB cord. You should see an Added prompt pop-up in Odin, more precisely in the Log box (on the bottom left side). Additionally, in the first box under ID: COM., a code with a blue colored background should pop-up.
- Paste the firmware file into Odin. Tap the AP/PDA knob (Odin) and choose the .tar.md5 firmware file.
- Verify whether or not the Re-Partion element has been deactivated in Odin. However, the Auto Reboot and the F. Reset Time must be selected.
- Hit Start in Odin; this should start installing the update on the Galaxy Note 4 device.
- Once the installation is complete, your device will automatically restart. Look out for a PASS message on Odin after the process is complete.
- The only thing left for you to do is remove the Galaxy device from the PC.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.