The HTC 10 has started receiving the Android Nougat update in UK, Russia, Turkey and Middle East. However, the update has been paused in Europe, as the company is looking into some technical issues.
However, the company has mentioned that the owners of HTC 10 from Europe should start receiving the Android Nougat OTA update this month. The Android Nougat OTA update for HTC 10 has about 1.17GB in size. There are reports suggesting that the HTC 10 Lifestyle and HTC One M9 has started receiving the Android Nougat OTA update in Europe, and each build has 1.15GB and 1.27GB, respectively, in size.
We have to mention that HTC is not the only smartphone manufacturer that has put the Android Nougat update on hold due to some technical problems. It seems that Asus has done the same with its Zenfone 3 smartphone in the Philippines.
How To Install Android Nougat Custom ROM On Nextbit Robin
The former software programmers of CyanogenMod community have formed a new group. This time, the group is named LineageOS and it has already launched the Android 7.0 Nougat-based custom ROM for the Nextbit Robin handset.
The custom ROM comes with all the Android Nougat features and options, including improved battery optimization, multi-window, night mode and more. Keep in mind that this LineageOS custom ROM is a nightly version and it might come with some bugs and issues.
After you root your Nextbit Robin device and install TWRP on it, here are the steps that you need to take to install the LegionOS Android Nougat Custom ROM:
- Download the Android v7.1 Nougat-based LineageOS custom ROM and Google Apps on to your computer
- Connect the Nextbit Robin device to your computer via an USB cable
- Place the CyanogenMod Android v7.1 Nougat zip and Google Apps zip files into the phone’s storage memory
- Turn the device off and disconnect it from the computer
- Use the Volume Down+Power buttons to enter TWRP
- Once the device boots in TWRP, you will need to clear phone’s memory (full) by selecting the Wipe option and after that Swipe to Factory Reset to perform a factory reset
- Return to the main menu of TWRP and tap on the “Install” button and install the CyanogenMod Android v7.1 Nougat zip
- When the installation is complete, you will need to tap once again the “Install” button and select Google Apps zip file
- When the Google Apps is installed, you need to select the “Reboot” option and wait for the custom ROM to be installed on your Nextbit Robin device.