Minecraft has gotten a new update. That’s the word from 4J Studios, which made the announcement on the official Minecraft forum about its Update 46 release for the Xbox 360 game. The company’s previous update dealt with a crash problem that occurred when users opened a Chest in SD display mode.
This update ensures the change log is a bit nicer – there’s new blocks, mobs, items and more.
Update 46 was released in late December and comes with a host of new things:
- New Blocks – Dragon Head, End Rod, Chorus Plant, Purpur Slab, Purpur Pillar, End Gateway, etc.
- New Items – Boats, Dragon’s Breath, Popped Chorus Fruit, Tipped Arrow, Lingering Potion, etc.
- New Mobs – Skeleton Trap Horses, Husk, Stray and Shulker
- New Tutorial world
- Trial of Fallout Mashup Pack
- Boats are controlled in a different way and support many passengers
- Brewing will need the fuel Blaze Powder for Brewing Stand
- Updated interface for crafting Fireworks and Firework Stars
- Villages can naturally produce in the Taiga biome
Updates were made to the terrain generation
- When a new world is generated, the End will change. Old worlds can be updated, and in order to attain the new End for the old world, the “More Options” will appear, and players must choose the “Reset End.”
- After an Ender Dragon has been killed in that new End, it causes an End Gateway to appear. Players who toss an Ender Pearl into it, they’ll be taken to another area in The End and have an End Ship and End City.
- In the End Ship and End City, a Dragon Head, Elytra and Shulkers can be found. Players who use the Elytra can glide throughout the world. In order to glide, they need to jump while they fall.
Xbox One also saw a Minecraft Update (36) with the same change log has the Xbox 360 Update 46.