The quickest way to compare one device from another is the comparison of their specifications. However, it might be a bit confusing if these devices are both released in the same year and manufacturer. Well, this can be comparable to the Samsung Galaxy J5 and the Galaxy J2, both released in 2016. Thus, here are some specs that you can easily follow.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 is slightly bigger in display at 5.2 inches compared with the 5 inches of the J2. Both have HD Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreens and a resolution of 720p. The J5 is ahead in this category.
If you are looking for excellent camera resolution, the J5 should be your primary choice at 13MP rear and 5MP front-facing camera. The J2 only has 8MP and 5MP, respectively. So, you already have a potential device that should provide high quality images not all budget phones have.
Performance and Battery Life
The performance and battery life should be very important for most smartphone users out there. This will be the basis on how satisfied you will become at the end of the day. The J5 is a true winner in terms of battery, at 3100mAh versus the 2600mAh of the J2. However, the processor might be a bit different. The J5 has a 1.2GHz quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM, while the J2 is at 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 1.5GB or RAM.
The Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy J2 packs in the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow that should be good news of potential buyers. Likewise, the Galaxy J5 has the Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
To recap, here are several points to consider when comparing the Galaxy J2 and the Galaxy J5.
- The Galaxy J5 has eleven percent more power that should ensure that your smartphone won’t quickly run out of juice before the day ends.
- In terms of Internet connectivity, the J5 is also advantageous than the J2 because the former has higher data speeds that should give access to Internet connectivity at blazing speeds.
- It also has twenty-five percent higher screen resolution compared to the J2 which makes the content of the smartphone sharper and a lot more detailed.
- The J5 has thirty-three percent higher resolution camera that should be able to capture excellent videos and still images.
- In terms of RAM, the J5 also has a high memory which enables the device to do multitasking flawlessly.
- The front-facing camera on the J5 is actually twenty-two percent higher than that of the J2. This will enable better selfies and video calling capabilities that everybody should be excited about.
- At the same time, the J5 provides extra SIM slots that will certainly offer you to connect to multiple network operators if necessary.
If you think that you’ve got the better choice from the comparison between the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Galaxy J2 (2016), then perhaps it is time to go shopping for one. However, if you think about the price, the Galaxy J2 is a bit cheaper compared to the Galaxy J5.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.